A common set of concepts is central to these and other genomics resources docs, but often terminology differs between sources, or even within the same one (and may here).
Here are some clarifications regarding wording and meaning.
- Assembly: a particular version of a consensus genomic sequence for an organism
- Asset: some additional information that accompanies a consensus genomic sequence; this is often specific to a particular assembly
- Genome: here, this is used interchangeably with assembly
- Reference assembly: another synonym for assembly
- Reference genome: yet another synonym for assembly